- Remove term: How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in InHow to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in India
- Remove term: applying for voter id card online applying for voter id card online
- Remove term: apply for voter id card online apply for voter id card online
- Remove term: online voter id card application online voter id card application
- Remove term: online application process for the voter id card online application process for the voter id card
If you are aged 18 or more and wants to cast your vote in India, then you should need to have a voter id card. Without a voter id card you will not be allowed to cast your vote and hence if you do not have a voter id, it is better to get one. You can either get it through specific Government offices and departments, but you need to visit those offices and spend some time over there. Another option is to apply for voter id card online and this is really an easy method as you can sit at home and apply for the same. These days most of the people are using this method and they are reluctant in going to the Government offices and standing in long queues for applying for a voter id card. The online voter id card application has made things much easier and you don’t need to go to the Government offices and stand in the queue anymore.
The online application process for the voter id card is not a complicated task and you just need to get prepared and be ready to spend few minutes in front of a computer that has a good internet. Make sure that the computer has a reliable internet connection, because files needs to be uploaded during the process and if the internet speed is low, it will become an obstacle for uploading the files.
Before applying for voter id card online, you need to make sure that you have enough documents that needs to be submitted during the time of online application. So pick up the most appropriate and relevant documents that show your name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, address, etc. You can scan all these documents and save it on your file before applying for voter id card online.
Below are the documents that need to be submitted along with the application. You might have multiple documents that meet the requirements below and you need to submit only one from them.
- Age proof document
- Residence proof document
- Passport sized photograph
So, now we have the required documents with us and we can move ahead to the online application process for voter id card in India. First visit the website, nvsp.in which is the official website for National Voter Services Portal. Below are the steps that are involved in the online application process for voter card in India.
- Open the website nvsp.in
- Click on the Apply online for registration of new voter / due to shifting from AC.
- Choose your language
- Fill the required details
- Upload relevant documents
- Click the “Submit” button, once everything is entered properly.
Now the process is over and you will be receiving an email that has a link to track the status of your voter ID application. Usually it may take around 30 days for our application to be processed and also issuing the voter ID.
If you are above 18 years of age, then you are eligible to apply for a voter id card in India. Applying for the voter id card online is quite easy and also saves you a lot of time.